They're not just for the spa anymore!
The fragrant smells and healing therapies of essential oils are some of the many perks of visiting the spa. But, did you know that essential oils can be used at home to enrich your life between spa visits?
Essential oils have been used for many years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. In general, when used properly, essential oils are quite safe and highly beneficial. Read on to discover daily uses of essential oils.
Stimulate a positive emotional state.
Essential oils can be your key to a more fulfilling and balanced emotional life. To encourage peace and balance, try these selections for diffusion, soothing baths, massage, inhalation, or topical application:
*Use them alone or mix them together to create scents you love.
- Improve sleep - Sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow to help you fall asleep.
- Relieve tension - Apply a drop of lavender oil on your hands and rub together. Inhale the aroma and let the smell overwhelm your senses. Your tension will melt away.
- Improve depression -Add rose oil to baths, inhalations, and diffusers to improve mood.
Complement your beauty routine.
- Freshen breath - Take a small drop of peppermint oil to freshen breath.
- Strengthen nails - Mix frankincense, myrrh, and lemon into 2 tablespoons of Vitamin E oil and rub on cuticles to soften and strengthen.
- Teeth whitener -Mix lemon oil, coconut oil, and fresh strawberries. Rub on teeth. Rinse after 2 minutes. Voila! Instant whiter teeth!
- Relieve nausea - Take a small whiff of peppermint oil to relieve nausea. You can also dab a small drop under your nose for continued effects.
Provide useful at-home routines!
- Place a few drops of essential oil of choice on a cotton ball hidden in discreet places such as the bathroom, cupboards, and drawers for a refreshing scent throughout your home.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to the filter of your vacuum to make every room in your home smell inviting.
- Put a few drops of flea-repelling oils such as tea tree or cedar onto your dog's collar. Fido will smell and feel much better!
Who knew essential oils could be so handy? For more tips about essential oil use, or to pick up your favorite assortments, stop by Skin Essentials or visit us online at SkinEssentialsCo.com.