Get Skin-spired!March 2, 2016
Hello world!December 5, 2016
It’s always so hard to say goodbye to summer and wrap up the days at the pool, BBQ’s and vacations. Although there is nothing better than spending time outdoors with family and friends, our skin takes a beating. For many of us, this is the time of year where the kids go back to school and we can start getting back into a normal routine! This is a great opportunity to start taking better care of ourselves and to evaluate what all that fun in the sun left behind… Are you seeing brown spots that were not there a year ago? Maybe your chest was exposed to too much sun this summer? Don’t worry, if your skin is not looking so youthful right now, we can help. Here are the top 5 steps to consider:
- Reserve an appointment with a professional Aesthetician and review your homecare program. Fall is a great time of year to re-evaluate and focus on reversing and repairing sun damage. A good program could include:
- Bleaching product- a skin lightener to help lighten unwanted color (it will not make your skin lighter)
- Topical vitamin C – a fabulous antioxidant /great for repairing UV damage and boosting collagen
- Moisturizer with peptides- a great moisturizer can instantly hydrate, smooth out fine lines and make the skin appear less wrinkled
- Retinol- an anti-aging must!
- Exfoliant- removes the build-up of dead skin and allows your products to penetrate.
- Receive a full body skin check with Dr. Riley Greene at Peak Dermatology.
- Schedule a series of resurfacing skin treatments. Professional treatment can improve everything from blotchiness and discoloration to rough texture and wrinkles. Here are a few:
- Microdermabrasion/ Chemical Peels – Rejuvenates the top layers of damaged skin
- HydraFacial MD – the ultimate anti-aging facial with no downtime
- Micro-Needling (an alternative to Fraxel Laser)
- Wear SPF all year. Although most of us are great about wearing sunscreen in the summer months, we still need to be practicing sun protect all year round.
Taking good care of your skin is one of the best investments you can make. It truly is a necessity which requires professional recommendations, treatments and home care. I always tell my clients, “What you do to your skin today, you’ll see in 10 years”! Let Skin Essential’s Medical Aestheticians create a customized program for you today. Call 720-283-0492 to reserve your appointment or visit us at www.SkinEssentialsCo.com